Grow Tents: What Size Do I Need
You might be a new grower or you might be an experienced grower, either way, grow tents cant be tricky. There are so many different brands and sizes on the market these days. So, which one do you need? Let us help you decide.
First, measure the length, width and height of the space where you are wanting to set up the grow tent.
Keep in mind that the tent should be smaller than the room to allow for easy setup and maintenance.
Also, think about what your gardening goals are...
The real question is how many plants do you want to grow and how big do you want those plants to be?
Keep in mind our recommendations on plant counts for each size of tents are just that, a recommendation. Your actual plant count may vary.
Here is a quick guide to sizing your tent with how many plants you can grow (smaller tents):
- 2' x 2' Grow Tent - Great for mother plants (1-2 plants)
- 2' x 4' Grow Tent - Fits in most closets (2-4 plants)
- 3' x 3' Grow Tent - Ideal for people with a limited work area (2-4 plants)
- 4' x 4' Grow Tent - Perfect for the footprint of a 1000w HID or LED grow light (4-9 plants)
Here is a quick guide to sizing your tent with how many plants you can grow (medium tents):
- 5' x 5' and 4’ x 8’ Grow Tents - Our most popular tent sizes (4-10 plants)
- 5’ x 9’ and 8' x 8' Grow Tent - Great for a spare bedroom, expect large harvests (9-16 plants)
Here is a quick guide to sizing your tent with how many plants you can grow (large tents):
- 10' x 10' Grow Tent - Another perfect size for a spare bedroom or in the garage. (12-18 plants)
- 8’ x 16’ and Larger Grow Tents - Requires large space and power amperage for lights (16-32 plants)
If you have any questions about growing in a tent, our expert growers are available to answer any questions you have at 270-201-2355.